Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quote of the day

“I’ve been bawled out, balled up, held up, held down, hung up, bulldozed, blackjacked, walked on, cheated, squeezed and mooched; stuck for war tax, excess profits tax, sales tax, dog tax, and syntax. Liberty Bonds, baby bonds, and the bonds of matrimony, Red Cross, Blue Cross, and the double cross; I’ve worked like hell, worked others like hell, have got drunk and got others drunk, lost all I had, and now because I won’t spend or lend what little I earn, beg, borrow or steal, I’ve been cursed, discussed, boycotted, talked to, talked about, lied to, lied about, worked over, pushed under, robbed, and damned near ruined. The only reason I’m sticking around now is to see WHAT THE HELL IS NEXT?” 

(Mr. Watkins – husband to Mrs. Watkins and the owner of a dog named White Fong a.k.a. Bill – Blue Highways)

No comments:

Asking a revived corpse five questions

Some of these fantasy movies just have to be given a chance sometimes, it may pay off. Like Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves , b...