Tuesday, July 26, 2022

You must never kill a thirsty man

David Warner passed away couple of days ago. May he rest in peace. I remember him best from Sam Peckinpah's Cross of Iron (1977). I had never seen The Island (1980) before even though I have had the DVD on my shelf for years and years. I purchased it solely because I liked the cover. Now I have to appreciate the cover even more because the movie is not a masterpiece. It's an awkward adventure thriller of a journalist investigating the Bermuda Triangle, but finding a group of outcast pirates instead. Michael Caine and David Warner in the lead.

No comments:

Asking a revived corpse five questions

Some of these fantasy movies just have to be given a chance sometimes, it may pay off. Like Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves , b...