Monday, September 23, 2013

The dead never stay dead

One of the most daring film projects ever. I personally found it so earth-shatteringly marvellous that I almost felt an urge to call everyone I know to watch the movie and then ask did they felt like I did. To me it was greatly fucken powerful experience. And I still understand the people who found this confusing, because that's what it is, zigzagging between six time periods, with the same actors and all. It's almost that you have to follow six movies at the same time, within one single movie. And what a splendid job they've done, not only the actors - Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jim Sturgess, Susan Sarandon, Hugh Grant, Hugo Weaving, Jim Broadbent, Doona Bae, Ben Whishaw, Keith David, James D'Arcy - but the make-up and wardrobe department, and, above all, the directors (Tom Tykwer, Andy and Lana Wachowski). A bloody fine film.

No comments:

Road to truth has many turns

A German terrorist Simon ( Jeremy Irons ) is in New York City and he plans to rob the Federal Reserve Building. John McClane ( Bruce Willis ...