Thursday, May 17, 2018
Glimpse the eternal
I rarely choose to see really old movies. It's a bit odd watching something where everything you see is now dead. In Frank Capra's Lost Horizon (1937) there's a plane crash and the survivors end up in Shangri La, an idyllic valley located high in the mountains of Tibet. The Shangri La people seem suspiciously happy particularly because they are led by the cultlike figure High Lama. For the fuck of it, I read a few reviews and lots of people deem the movie a classic, to some it's the best movie they've ever seen. Either they haven't seen that many movies or, more likely, I have a shit taste.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too many prayers for an innocent man
Prisoners escape from a Siberian prison camp and trek thousands of kilometers to safety in India—hell, that’s bound to make you hungry and t...

No comments:
Post a Comment